Sunday, April 22, 2012

Metacognition: MashUp

When looking at the list of words to choose from it was very hard because I had only minimal ideas for each and I wasn’t sure on how else to explore those ideas. But I didn’t give up I reread my reflections and read the listening skills passages. I used my working memory to bring out stronger ideas and I listened to Mr. Allen’s advice that we should pause and let the more complex ideas come out.

As I started letting the more complex ideas come I was all of a sudden bombarded with ideas and thoughts. For some reason the topic of gender really intrigued me. I took this topic and made it more specific to the female gender. What my thoughts were is that women are often looked down upon and that we have been dealing with this for centuries. When in reality; we are capable of the male work.

Has I was working on my mashup I noticed that it was very hard to get my thoughts and ideas out. One of my struggles was putting them in an order that made them talk to each other. But I did find that while finding other sources and quotes in my subconscious it really bothered me that women are seen differently than men. It drove me crazy thinking about how for centuries women are seen has not capable of certain things and all the stereotypes about women there really are. I really liked how I was able to become aware of some thoughts that are in my subconscious. Now I really wonder what else I am unaware about in my subconscious.

I would have changed the amount of time spent on this project because I think that if I spent more than just a couple days I would have gotten better results and my passages would have been easier to put in order because they would naturally talk to each other. But over all this project was very fun and I would have liked to do this more throughout the year with different topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment