Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Curation blog one!


While trying to sort out my curation about kid’s crafts or fun things for them to do; I started with searching for crafts and fun ideas for children as a basis before I picked out my type of web design. This search has been very fun and I’m getting great information the only problem is that when I am evaluating my sources they all seem to be very good ideas for my website. I am slowly narrowing it down because I don’t want to make it to bombarded and busy when people first enter my site. But I haven’t given up on my research; I am still gathering and filtering through sources and new information. I have organized my sources in to sections: crafts, recipes and fun activities. I am finding it difficult to make sure I have a balanced amount of ideas and sources ender each category. I can see that it is possible for my categories now to branch out into a bunch of other categories as my curation goes on.  I have expectations that everything will just fall into place over time. My biggest problem is finding a type of website design that works best for me. I haven’t made an official decision on which design yet because I wanted to start my research first and see what format seems to fit best with my sources and me. As of right now my sources answer the question very well but I think it might be too overwhelming by the amounts of information I currently have. I am trying to find a way to make it more user friendly and make the narrative of my answers to directly answer their questions without any questions and confusion. My goal is to make everything easy to follow and easy for people to understand. I want my website to be one that a parent could quickly go to and get a quick and fun idea to do with their kids. Over all, I can’t wait to see where my curation takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment